Wow. Another week has flown by! I really can’t believe it’s Friday already but I sure am glad!
1. Yesterday was Scott’s 35th birthday! We celebrated with takeout from Devine Foods and THREE desserts to sample and share. Pork Souvlaki for Scott and a Chicken Gyro for me. Always totally delicious! Chocolate Kahlua Layer Cake, Caramel Pecan Cheesecake, and Hummingbird Cake. I had to keep tasting to try to pick a favorite. Happy Birthday, Honey! You are a super hot babe and a great husband and daddy.
2. We’ve just finished week three of our home school year. I read this post last week and it really resonated with me. Not just for the content of the post, but for Edie’s ‘disclaimer’ at the beginning. I am really enjoying having the children here with me and teaching them at home. I love it. I want to share that joy here but never want to make it seem like I think it’s right for everyone, or that I am against traditional schools. I’m not. Isn’t that the beauty of this season of life (and every season)? We can celebrate the differences and enjoy the journey together.
3. Cooking: Tonight’s dinner is Greek Turkey Burgers, corn on the cob and fresh peaches. I love summer foods!! Suz shared this one with me and I can’t wait to make it next week. Not that I’ll be using tomatoes from my garden, because there aren’t any. Seriously, have I lost my green thumb?
4. Ellen. Y’all know I adore this girl and I’m constantly inspired by her. Please visit her shop and see her new hand dyed fabrics on bags with suede trim. I got to see the fabrics mid-process and they are fabulous. And making them look so awesome may or may not have involved a water gun. If I wasn’t home with my little bits I’d be applying for that internship for sure.
5. So happy to have Scott’s sister Caroline and his brother Drew in town for college! We can’t wait to spend time with them and wash their laundry!